- The parameter dialog box takes the following time to display when the report is refreshed in Crystal Reports designer:
-1500 Distinct LOVs = 16secs
-500 Distinct LOVs <= 1 Sec
- Performance issue occurs when a list of more than 1500 distinct records is used in the LOV.
Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Note that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal
Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV\MaxRowsetRecords 15000 is set on the BO Server.
- Open Microsoft Excel and create columns with 2000 distinct records.
- Launch Business View Manager.
- Click on File > New > Data Foundation and add this table.
- Click on Save to save the Data Foundation.
- Click on File > New > Business Element and add the created data foundation to the business element.
- Click on Save to save the Business Element.
- Click on File > New > Business View and add the created business element to the business view.
- Click on Save to save the Business View.
- Click on File > New > List of Values and add this business view to the LOV.
- Click on Save to save the List of Values.
- Right click on the LOV and click on Schedule the LOV.
- Launch Crystal Reports designer and create a blank report.
- Create new parameter by selecting Parameter in Fields Explorer and click on New.
- In the create new parameter dialog box select Dynamic in the List Of Values.
- In choose a data source option select Existing and choose the created LOV.
- Click on OK.
- Drop the parameter in the report header.
- Preview the Crystal Report.
The issue has been identified as a defect and is currently escalated to Product Group under ADAPT01533128.
This issue has been fixed in Fix Pack 3.5.
Please upgrade Crystal Reports and Business Objects Enterprise 3.1 to Fix pack 3.5.
Crystal Reports, large List of Values. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed