You, as a line manager, do not receive any approval task for time recording by your team members in your work list.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Select the Time Recording view and the Time Sheet sub view.
- Search and select the employee.
- Select the Open Time Sheet button.
- In the Time Entry tab, the status of the recorded time is In Approval. But the line manager of the employee did not receive any approval task.
The cause for the issue is, Approval Rule for the time type is not maintained in Fine-Tune activity.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune.
- Search and select the fine tuning activity Time Types with Time Accounts - <Country code>.
- Select the Edit button.
- Select the Maintain Approval Options link.
- Choose Approval Options as Approval from Line Manager Required for Time Type ABC.
- Select Save and Close button.
Now, the manager will get the approval task whenever an employee records time with this time type.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Product Enhancement