When you try changing the license key for Xcelsius, you get the following error: 'The keycode you entered is not valid. Please try again'.
- Xcelsius 2008 (Enterprise and Engage)
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise or Engage.
- Open Xcelsius and go to the Data tab.
- Now go to the License Manager option and enter an Xcelsius Present license key.
- Once the Xcelsius Present License key is entered, the product gets converted to Xcelsius Present.
- Now try entering an Xcelsius Engage or Enterprise License key and you shall get the error: 'The keycode you entered is not valid. Please try again'.
When you add an Xcelsius Present License key to an Xcelsius Engage or Enterprise product, it converts the product to Xcelsius Present and doesn't allow to change back to Engage or Enterprise.
***WARNING***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to KB 1323322 for more information.
- Open the registry and go to following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Business Objects -> Suite 12.0 -> Xcelsius -> Keycodes
- Delete the keycodes folder and close the registry.
- Now open Xcelsius, it will prompt you for the license key.
- Enter the Xcelsius Engage or Enterprise key and it should accept the key.
- The product will now work fine.
Keycode error , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem