Invoices were cancelled with the wrong date. Thats why they are shown in the report Invoice Volume with different date than the original invoice. How can the date be changed?
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to Reports.
- Open the Invoice Volume report.
- It shows the original invoice shows a different date than the cancellation date. This can be in different month and therefore different periods.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search for the cancellation invoice and look for the Cancellation button.
It is greyed out which means a cancellation of a cancelled invoice is not possible.
This is the normal system behavior.
Wrongly used date for cancelation can not be changed anymore.
The report Invoice Volume in Customer Invoicing work center shows the different posting date for original invoice and cancelation invoice.
A cancelation invoice gets automatically posted to the same day as the original invoice. If this period is closed already or if there is a process control setup to restrict the posting then its get posted into the period of the cancelation invoice. That's why in general the report Journal in General Ledger workcenter shows that the posting date for original journal entry matches exactly with the one for cancelation journal entry which means from financial side everything is okay, no problems in the Profit and Loss statement or in the balance sheet either.
To see that do the following:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Closing Cockpit view.
- Go to Source Documents subview.
- Filter for Customer Invoice.
- Find customer invoice ID and check for Proposed Posting Date.
- Find reversal customer invoice and check for Proposed Posting Date.
They should be the same.
KBA , financial statements , profit and loss , balance sheet , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To