- Adding a lot of nested dimensions into the rows of a Voyager or Advanced Analysis workspace.
- This will eventually fill the whole available workspace and it doesn't leave room for the data cells part of the workspace.
- You will not be able to access the data.
- Voyager XI R2 / 3.1
- Advanced Analysis 4.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Voyager or Advanced Analysis workspace based on any supported OLAP data source.
- Add multiple dimensions into the row area of the workspace (nesting the dimension).
- The available room is filled with those nested dimensions.
- At one point you will no longer be able to see the the data part of the workspace.
You now will not be able to access the data, because the there are no crollbars for the dimension part of the worksheet.
- Changing this behaviour in the product was classified as an Enhancement and Enhancement Request has been created:
- Enhancement_Request: ADAPT01018568
- Also an Enhancement was created in the ideas place:
- https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/2912: AA - Nested dimensions running out of room in workspace - cannot view data cells.
Nested rows, OLAP , KBA , BI-RA-AWB , Analysis, edition for OLAP (Web) , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V1