In the fine-tune activity of Chars of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination, you add a new financial reporting structure XYZ, and you expect it to be available in the Financial Reporting structure for G/L Accounts report, but in fact you cannot find it when specifying variables for this report.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, and choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project in question and choose Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the fine-tune activity Chars of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination, and then choose Edit financial reporting structures.
- In the Available Financial Reporting Structures table, add a new financial reporting structure XYZ.
- Choose Save and Close.
- Then go to the General Ledger work center and choose the Reports view.
- Choose the Financial Reporting structure for G/L Accounts report.
- In the Variables screen, display all the available G/L Account Reporting Structure.
You cannot find the newly added financial reporting structure XYZ in the list.
You have defined the Structure Type of the new financial reporting structure as Income Statement by Function of Expense. This means this financial reporting structure is used in the financial statement reports, but not the G/L Account Reporting Structure report.
In order to make a financial reporting structure available for selection in the Financial Reporting structure for G/L Accounts report, make sure the Structure Type of this financial reporting structure is set to Account Type during creation.
KBA , g/l accounts report , structure type , financial reporting structure , g/l account reporting structure report , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To