Crystal Reports crash.
- When trying to access 'Page Setup' or trying to a print a report, Crystal Reports crash.
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report, or create a new report.
- Under the menu 'File', select 'Page Setup', or 'Print;
- Crystal Reports crashes with the ‘crw32.exe’ error.
One or more printer drivers on the machine are either corrupted, not installed properly or not uninstalled properly.
- Test each printer drivers in MS Windows, and either re-install or uninstall the one that are causing the issue.
- In MS Windows, go to ‘Control Panel > Printer and faxes’
- Then click on ‘File > Server Properties’ and go to the ‘Drivers’ tab.
- It should display all the installed printer drivers on the machine.
- Select the drivers one by one and click on the ‘Properties’ button.
- There should be one driver that wouldn’t open or throw an error.
- Reinstall this driver and repeat step 4 until all the drivers have been covered and you’ve made sure that each one opens fine.
- If this fails to resolve the issue, then remove the drivers one by one by clicking on the ‘Remove’ button.
- Open a Crystal Report and accessing ‘Page setup’ should not crash Crystal Reports.
- Reinstall the drivers again.
1245185 - Crystal Report 2008 crashes on attempt to print or "Out of Memory" error in Page Setup
Crystal Reports crashes, page setup, print , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem