- "Artifical result" is shown in the Crosstab layout:
- When trying to 'Collapse' this node, an MDAS service runtime error occurs:
- BI 4.0 Patch07
- Advanced Analysis Web
- SAP BW 7.01 SP05
- BEx Query Designer
Reproducing the Issue
- The BEx Query contains a Measure Hiearchy (i.e. a Key Figure Structure, organised into hierarchical levels), with a normal Characteristic dimension stacked above it on the same axis:
- Create an OLAP Connection, in CMC, using the BICS driver.
- Open Advanced Analysis Web (Edition for OLAP) and create a new Workspace using this datasource.
- The redundant "Artifical result" cells are being introduced by BICS connectivity layer because the BEx Query layout has "display columns as a hierarchy" turned ON.
- This display feature (also known as Compact Axes) is not supported in Analysis for OLAP 4.0. These cells have invalid pointers and are considered 'undefined'.
- Technical Escalation 5000315327 was investigated by Product Group. Bug ADAPT01526857 logged.
- Bug ADAPT01526857 will be resolved in BI 4.1: Redundant cells will not show, and the axis will be displayed correctly as a single hierarchy.
- Workaround in BI 4.0 is to turn OFF this setting in the BEx query designer:
- MDAS service encountered an error
- Details : Runtime error occurred : com.s ap.ip.bi.bics.exceptions.BicsProgrammErrorException: Invalid program status
Crystal Reports 2008 V1