- Incorrect colors displays on a chart
- Chart color highlights not displaying the right color in Crystal Reports
- Bar Chart color incorrect after applying Service Pack 3 or higher to Crystal Reports 2008
- Opening the same report in Crystal Reports 2008 without Service Pack 3 or higher, will display the right colors for the bars.
- After applying Service Pack 3 to Crystal Reports 2008, bars no longer displays the color defined in Color Highlights of a Bar Chart, if the condition of the highlight is based off a numeric value.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 3, create a report off any data source.
- Create a Stack Bar Chart
- Define bar colors in Color Highlight for the Stack Bar Chart
- In the “Chart Expert”, under the tab “Color Highlight”, click on the button “New” to add a new Color Highlight criteria
- In the “Item editor”, select a value for the numeric field to equal a number
- Then select a color. ( For example, green)
- Add at least another color highlight , then click “OK”
- Preview the report
Notice the color highlights defined in the chart doesn't correspond to the one defined in the Color Highlights options of the chart.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01496497
To resolve the issue:
For Crystal reports 2008:
- Apply Fix Pack 3.4 and higher of Crystal Reports 2008
- Open the report on which the chart displayed the incorrect bar colors in Crystal Reports 2008 with Fix Pack 3.4 and higher
- Refresh the report, and it will then display the right colors for the bars.
For Crystal Reports 2011:
- Apply Feature pack 3 of Crystal reports 2011.
CR, Crystal Reports, Chart Color Highlights, SP3, Service Pack 3 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem