When working with Advanced Analysis Web, users are shown the warning: << The MDAS Service encountered an error >>
- BI 4.0 + any Patch
- Advanced Analysis Web (edition for OLAP)
- SAP BW 7.x
- BEx Query Designer
- BICS driver
- OLAP Connection in CMC
Reproducing the Issue
- The underlying BEX Query contains a 'Key Figures Structure' where the Measures are organised into a stacked hierarchical order:
- The user then uses the contextual menu to navigate the data:
- Once the error appears - work cannot continue on the workspace..
This error can also happen when doing:
- "Drill -> Expand" on Hierarchy levels
- "Filter -> By Member" on Measures/Key Figures in Columns
- "Filter -> By member" on Hierachical dimension in Rows
- Working with a BEx Selection Structure (Characteristic or Key Figure)
- Moving between "Select Everything" checkbox, and selecting individual values in the Filter Member Selector.
- Product defect in the BI4.0 Ramp-Up build
- Submitted to Development via Technical Escalation # 5000315074
- Product Defect reference ADAPT01524493.
- Resolved in Patch0.10 and SP01
In the active workspace session (after encountering the error) Remove the offending object from the Layout (i.e. drag-drop item out of rows or columns), and then add the same element back to the crosstab or chart area.
- Failed to complete XTab Row generateRepresentation operation. A data access exception has occurred
- MdasRuntimeException in XTabColumnAxisViewSpecProcessor
KBA , BI-RA-AWB , Analysis, edition for OLAP (Web) , Bug Filed