You are importing supplier catalogs from the Product Portfolio work center. But during the upload, you received the error message: Catalog upload not possible; file format not supported.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Catalogs view.
- Choose New Supplier Catalog under Common Tasks.
- Fill in all the necessary fields and choose the Browse option.
- Choose a file (for example, an Excel document) and select the Import button.
- You get the error message: Catalog upload not possible; file format not supported.
System only supports these file formats to upload the supplier catalogs: BMEcat XML files and CSV files.
You need to import the Supplier catalogs using the following file formats: CSV or BMEcat.
- BMEcat is a widely-accepted format developed to standardize and simplify the exchange of product catalog data between buyers and suppliers. Most large suppliers can provide you a file in this format. This file type is mainly used for supplier catalogs.
- CSV file is a comma separated values (CSV) file, an especially formatted text file that stores spreadsheet data in a very simple format. Each line contains one record, and each field within that record is separated by a character, such as a comma, semi-colon, or slash. Since the CSV-file format is not an industry standard and the creation of CSV file can be difficult, a template is provided in the Catalogs view of the Product Portfolio work center. You can easily create a file with catalog information in the template by entering mandatory and optional information. When you are done, you can generate the file, which is saved in a user-defined location. You can then create a new catalog into which you can import the CSV file that you just created.
KBA , SRD-SRM-PRP , Product Portfolio , How To