After transferring an employee (also the Org unit manager) from one org unit to another org unit, the manager position is lost and also approvals were not be sent over to her/him anymore.
- System didn’t notify, that he/she is an manager and no warning message stating that the approval processes will also not work accordingly.
The system works as designed.
In the future release, A notification or a warning message will be shown while moving an org unit.
For time being you can follow the below workaround:
- Go to Organizational Management workcenter.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Select Org Unit which the transferred employee belongs to.
- Remove the employee as the Org Unit Manager in the below tab General. Remember to assign any other employee in the org unit as manager if needed.
- Save and activate the change.
- After org structure change, you should be able to transfer the employee successfully.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement