- Crystal Reports 2008 Designer closes (crashes) when working in the member selector.
- This happens when the report is connecting to SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation 7.5 (BPC) using the OLAP driver from BPC itself.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- BOE 3.1 SP3
- SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation 7.5 MS
Reproducing the Issue
- Install the SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation 7.5 ODBO client.
- Make sure you have connection to a SAP BusinessObjects Planning & Consolidation OLAP Server.
- Open Crystal Reports 2008 designer and go to the OLAP Cube Report Wizard.
- In the Connection Browser create an OLAP connection using the 'SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation' driver.
- Once the connection is created, select a cube and click on Add.
- In the Window OLAP data you will see your selected cube.
- Click on Next and you can select Columns/Rows.
- Click on the preselected Rows dimension and then click on ' Select Row Members'.
- Instead of the Member selector window appearing the errors come up and CR designer closes!
- Crystal Reports does not support the BPC OLAP driver at the moment.
- Users have to use the Microsoft OLAP driver to connect to the Microsoft Analysis Services Server and then can use this driver to create reports on the BPC cubes saved in that sever.
BPC MS, MSAS, SSAS, CR, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1