- Long text truncated.
- In Crystal Reports, the content of Memo Fields, Text Objects, SQL Expression Fields, or Formula Fields is partially displayed and cut after 64k (65,534 characters )
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a table that contains a database field that contains more than 65,534 characters.
- Add the Memo Fields to the report, and set the format option to "Can Grow".
- When previewing the report, notice the text is truncated.
- This is normal behavior because the maximum number of characters the following objects can display in Crystal Reports is 65,534 characters:
- Memo Fields,
- Formula Fields,
- SQL Expression Fields,
- Text Objects
- For Crystal Reports, a potential workaround to this limitation is to create a Stored Procedure that split long text fields at the database level to less then 65,534 characters each, then add each database fields separately on the report.
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise is a Java application, and it does not have this limitation, therefore, Database Fields, Formula Fields and Text Objects can display more than 65,534 characters.
Note: Database fields length may be limited to the middleware used to connect. For example, the ODBC driver used may have a limitation.
Crystal Memo Text 64k 65534 truncate truncated Memo CLOB Access Oracle Shortened , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016