- Reports printed from the Crystal Reports .NET SDKs have different alignment then when printed from Crystal Report Designer.
- Printing Reports from the Crystal Reports .NET SDKs will have fields pulled to the center of the report as compared to printing from the Crystal Reports Designer.
- Windows all versions.
- Visual Studio .NET all versions.
- Crystal Reports .NET SDKs, both ReportDocument and ReportClientDocument all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Print a page from a report using the Crystal Reports Designer.
- Print the same page from .NET using the ReportDocument object or the ReportClientDocument object.
- Compare the two print outs by holding one up to the other (fields further from the center of the page will have the most misalignment).
The cause for this is because Crystal Reports prints to the printer using Win32 API and the printer's DEV mode structure where the .NET SDKs will print using the System.Drawing.Printing namespace. There are differences between these that cause reports to be reformatted. For the same reason Crystal Reports designer may have access to more fonts then .NET as not all fonts are supported through the .NET framework.
This issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01506906.
There is no resolution to this as this is due to the fundamental differences between Win32 API and the .NET framework.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To