- Error: The value is not valid
- In the parameter prompt window, when entering a value like: 12/01/2009 to 01/02/2010, get the error: The value is not valid
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing a report based off an SAP BW BEx Query that use date range variable, and entering a date range value that span over the next year, it displays the error: The value is not valid.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In the SAP BEx Query Designer, create an SAP BW BEx Query with a date range variable
- Save the SAP BEx Query
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the SAP BW BEx Query created in step 1.
- Add database fields to the report, and refresh the report.
- In the date range parameter prompt screen, add a date range that span over the next year like: 12/01/2009 to 01/01/2010
- I will display the following error in the prompt screen: The value is not valid.
- In Crystal Reports, when reporting from an SAP BW BEx Query that contains a date range variable, it converts it to a string range parameter.
- When entering a range that span over the next year, like 12/01/2009 to 02/01/2010, the parameter will validate it as a string range, and 02/01/2010, is lower than the string,12/01/2009 and therefore this is why we get the out of range error. It is unfortunately normal behavior.
- Save and run the report in BusinessObjects Enterprise, as Info View has an SAP parameter prompt screen specific for reports based off an SAP data source. ( This functionality is added to BusinessObjects Enterprise when the SAP Integration Kit is installed )
- The SAP parameter prompt screen in Info View will enable the user to enter a date range values that span over the next year.
Cryatal Reports, CR, date range, out of range , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2