You as a org unit Manager, would like to know how to make a cost center inactive which is assigned to an particular org unit?
Follow the below steps in order to make an cost center inactive without affecting other parameters of the org unit.
1. Go to Organizational Management workcenter.
2. Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
3. Select the required org unit.
4. Go to Timelines tab.
5. Change the Valid to date of the Cost center attibute to earlier date (If you want the org unit as non-cost center from today, the the valid to date will be yesterday's date).
6. Choose Check button and select Check selected Structure option.
7. Choose Activate button and select Activate Selected structure button.
8. Choose Save and Close button.
9. Go to Active area and input today's date in Effective from field and select Go button.
You could see that the org unit will not be a cost center.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To