When you try to reset Safety Stock, Fixed Lot Size, Reorder Point or Target Stock to 0 using the Mass Change function, The 0 disappears from the field and no changes are being done. There is no error or warning message.
But there is no issue when you change the value from 0 to a higher number.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data workcenter.
- Select Materials view.
- Select the Materials and select Mass Change button. A new screen opens.
- Select 2 Planning in Show fiels.
- Enter 0 in column Safety Stock, Target Stock, Fixed Lot Size or Reorder Point.
- Select Apply Mass Change button and choose All Items.
- The 0 then disappears from the field and no changes are being done. There is no error or warning message.
The system is working as designed.
Few more points in mass change,
- Change a field value from A to B (e.g 0 to 3) - This is considered as a change and on calling mass change shall be applied to all materials.
- Field value is blank or initial (0 is initial value for quantity) - This is not a change, so mass change will not be applied. This is same like open the mass change screen and apply mass change when all values in default line is initial. This will not apply.
This limitation is known and the screen will be adapted in next higher releases.
KBA , mass change , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , Product Enhancement