- Random space added to text
- PDF document text displays with random spaces
- When viewing a document exported to PDF format from Crystal Reports, random spaces are added to the text
- When exporting a report to PDF format that contains a MS Word OLE Object, the MS World OLE Object text displays with random space in the PDF document.
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a document in MS Word that contains at least one paragraph of text.
- Save the MS Word document.
- Create a new report in Crystal Reports.
- Add the MS Word document has an OLE Object to the report.
- Export the report to PDF format.
- Notice there is random spaces added to the text coming from the MS Word OLE Object document, when viewing the exported file in a PDF viewer.
If we insert a MS Word OLE Object in Crystal Reports that contains the following text:
This is a simple sentence to illustrate the issue.
The text displays properly in Crystal Reports, as displayed above.
When exporting the report to PDF format, the text displays in the PDF document like:
This is a simple sent ence to illustrate the issue.
As you can see, blank space is added to the above text when it is exported to PDF format.
Note: The above is an exaggeration of what is actually happening in order to illustrate the issue clearly.
- There is unfortunately no resolution for this issue.
- To workaround this issue, use a text object instead of a MS World OLE Object on the report.
Crystal Reports, CR, Export, MS Word, OLE Object , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem