You, as a Project Manager, want to assign a service XYZ to a project but the Service is not available in the value help
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Select the Projects view.
- Select the Projects sub view.
- Highlight a project and select Edit button.
- Go to the Work tab.
- Select the Add Row button and select the value help but Service XYZ is not available.
If the Service XYZ is not associated with any Time based unit (Hours, Minutes, Seconds), then the Service XYZ will not be available for selection in a Project. The Service should either have a time based Base UoM or a Quantity Conversions rule must exist, so that the non-time based Base UoM can be converted to Time based UoM
The Quantity Conversion rule can be set as follows:
- Go to the Product Data work center
- Select the Services view
- Search and Edit the Service
- Select the View All button
- In the General Tab, under Quantity Conversions, you can maintain the quantity conversion for the Service
KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , Product Enhancement