- Printed report from zebra printer changes orientation from portrait to landscape.
- When the width of the paper is greater than its height and is printed on Zebra printer, orientation changes from portrait to landscape.
- The option "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size" fails to correct this problem.
- Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 0
- Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 1
Reproducing the Issue
Install the following:
- Crystal Reports 2008 with SP0 or SP1 with FP1.2.
- Printer driver Zebra Zebra ZM4(200dpi) ( You can download the driver from Zebra website ).
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a new report off the xtreme sample database in Crystal Reports 2008 SP0.
- Select the Zebra printer driver TPL 2844 and set the page size to 4x1 portrait.
2.1. Under the menu file, select "Page Setup".
2.2. In the "Page Setup" window, select the printer driver Zebra ZM4(200dpi) in the drop-down list.
2.3. Select the paper size 4x1 in the "Page Options" drop-down list.
2.4. click "OK".
3. The paper size in the preview of the report is 4x1 portrait, but in the print dialog it will be shown rotated but will print as expected - confusing.
4. Now, set the page size to in the Page Setup 4x2 portrait.
5. The paper size didn't reflect the change properly,
and in the "Page Setup" the paper orientation has changed from "Portrait" to "Landscape".
6. Printing the paper will be rotated 90 degrees although it looks ok in the printing dialog just before print command
Crystal Reports 2008 doesn't seems to work with paper size 4 x 2 portrait
Same happens with symmetrical paper defined for Zebra 2.25x1.25 portrait
This issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID: ADAPT01083203
This issue has been resolved in Crystal Reports 2008 FixPack 2.1.
Orientation, portrait to landscape, Zebra printer , KBA , BI-RA-CR-SDK , SDK related, including Java/.NET etc. , Bug Filed