You, as a project manager, want to assign a particular org unit to a project task. System may throw the below error message:
Org unit XYZ does not exist
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Select the Projects view.
- Search and highlight the respective project.
- Select the Edit button and choose the Team and Staffing option.
- Under section Organizational Units, select Add Row button to add a new row.
- Type the Org unit name or ID in the new row the press Enter.
System may throw the above error message.
Org unit cell contains an auto-complete dropdown list so you can input part of org unit ID or name and system will automatically look up the org units whose name or ID contains the same typed ahead string. But system will not automatically selet the entry even the list only contains one row. You have to manually select it by clicking the entry or using arrow key.
After typing the org unit ID or name in the auto-complete dropdownlist, you should select the option from the dropdown list by arrow key then press Enter.
Or, you can use value help option to choose the required org unit from the list.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement