- On certain machines, the installation of Crystal Reports prompts the user to restart the machine.
- Is there any way to suppress restart after installation.
Crystal Reports 2008.
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Crystal Reports 2008 on a machine.
- Observe that at the end of the installation a prompt is received to restart the machine.
Prompting to restart the machine after installation of a product is a default behavior.
- After an installation it is mandatory to restart the machine so that the registry gets updated and refreshed.
- If there are 2 consecutive installations, one after the other, restart can be delayed at the end of both the installations by checking restart later option.
- Rebooting is always done to ensure that the registry is updated.
- This is a recommended practice.
Crystal Reports,install. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V0