Web Service Publisher:Universe prompts are not exposed in BI Service.
Business Objects XI 3.1 SP3 FP3.3
Reproducing the Issue
1.Login to the Webi Rich Client.
2.Create a new Web Intelligence Report on efashion (BOXI 3.3) Universe.
3.Set the Optional prompt to Quarter.
4.Save, export and import the report.
5.Create a web service “Test”
6.After creating a web service, right click and select ‘Test’ .Click Search Name.
7.Give Q1 as prompt value and click ‘Send’.
- Web Intelligence Web Service Publisher does not support universe prompts.
- Query prompts are the only prompts to be available with the web service designer wizard,only those can be exposed into BI Service WSDL for consumers.
- BI Service consumers cannot set values for universe prompt (previously selected values for corresponding document will be then used as default values).
- The issue is identified as a defect in the product and tracked with ADAPT01439878.
- This issue was considered BY-DESIGN for XI3.1
- This issue was added as and Enhancement Request to BI4.0
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Bug Filed