- The value of single value components cannot be changed by dragging mouse
- The cell which the single value component is linked to contains a formula of any type
- Xcelsius Enterprise 2008 FP1.2 or above
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Xcelsius Enterprise 2008 (FP1.2 or above).
- At the spreadsheet, type 1 into Cell A1 and 2 into Cell A2.
- Type "=SUM(A1:A2)" to Cell A3.
- Add a Single Value component to Canvas, such as Values component by selecting Category -> Single value -> Value.
- At the General tag of the component's properties, link the Data to the Cell A3.
- Open the Properties of the component.
- Select Behavior -> Common tag.
- The setting of Increment becomes unavailable.
- Click Preview button.
- The data of the Values component can be changed by dragging mouse.
This is an expected behavior and by design.
What dictates whether a Single Value component is an input (which permits user interaction) or output, is the cell to which it is linked.
If the cell contains a formula of any type, the component is interpreted as an output. If the cell does not contain a formula, it is represented as an input.
Please refer to the illustration on "Using the Single Value components" of " Xcelsius 2008 User Guide".
Before FP1.2, Value components are able to modify the data in bound cells that contain formulas.
The issue is tracked under ADAPT01129247 and fixed in Xcelsius Enterprise 2008 FP1.2.
Formula, sum, excel, change, Gauge, increment , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem