You created a new purchase order which has the status In Preparation. On the top of the document, you can see the creation date. However when you perform a preview of the output form, the Created On field is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Select the relevant Purchase Order.
- Select Edit and View All.
- Preview & Created PO button.
- In the Preview form, the Created On field is empty.
As long as the purchase order is in preparation, the field will remain empty. The reason is that, from a business point of view, the relevant creation date of the purchase order is when it is sent out to the supplier (print, email, fax). Once the purchase order is posted, you can review the output in the Output History tab. There you can open the pdf file and you will see that the Created On field is filled.
This is the desired behavior of Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To