You create a new purchase order and enter a price on item level. The column description for price entry is Gross Price. You expect the column description to be Net Price.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
2. Go to the Purchase Orders view and open the relevant purchase order.
3. Select the View All button and navigate to the Items tab.
4. The price input field is named Gross Price. You expect it to be Net Price.
This is the intended system behavior.
There are two ways to look at gross and net price from a business perspective.
On the purchasing side:
- The Gross Price is the price with which you start the pricing procedure in purchasing.
- The Net Price is the price used which includes all discounts and surcharges, and the VAT (Sales and Use Tax,..) if the tax is not fully deductable.
On the invoicing side:
- the Net Price is the price of the invoice without the tax.
- the Gross Price is the price of the invoice including the tax.
KBA , brutto , supplier invoice , value , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To