- MS Excel crash when adding a comment to a cell.
- When inserting a comment in an Excel file that was exported from Crystal Reports designer, excel crash.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add an OLE object in Page Header or Report Header.
- Export the report to Microsoft Excel from Crystal Reports.
- In MS Excel, open the exported document, and right click on any cell, choose insert comment.
MS Excel will then be terminated unexpectedly.
- The issue has been identified as bug with product and logged under ADAPT01203086.
- The issue only occurs when an OLE Object is added to the report.
- The issue has been resolved in the following product update, and above:
- Crystal Reports 2008 - Service Pack 2
Excel, Excel terminates, Exporting issue, Exporting to Excel. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1