You perform an overhead distribution run to distribute overhead from one support cost center to the primary cost center for a specified accounting period. When the execution is done, you go to check the execution details of the run and find the following error message: Rule XYZ does not contain any senders.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center, and choose the Periodic Task view.
- Select the Overhead Distribution subview.
- Choose New, and then choose Distribution Run to open the New Distribution Run quick activity.
- Enter a Run Description. Select Test Run if you want to perform a simulation of the run.
- Select the data for the run by entering filter values, such as the Company ID, the Set of Books ID, or the Rule ID.
- Select the Closing Step that you want the system to use for the postings.
- In the Period/Year field, enter the accounting period and fiscal year for which you want to execute the distribution run.
- Schedule the run to start immediately, and click OK.
- Open the run and navigate to the Messages tab.
You can see the error message: Rule XYZ does not contain any senders.
You then go to check the details of rule XYZ:
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center, and choose the Master Data and Allocations view.
- Select the Distribution Rules subview.
- Show Currently Active Rules, and select rule XYZ.
- Choose the Senders tab.
You can see the Cost Center ID is actually maintained, so you don't know why the system still gives the error message: Rule XYZ does not contain any senders.
You need to have finished entering the overhead costs before you start the distribution run.
Following the steps below, you can see there is no cost assigned to the sender cost center specified in rule XYZ:
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center, and choose the Reports view.
- Choose the Cost Centers- Line Items report.
- In the Cost Center field, enter the cost center specified in Distribution Rule XYZ.
- In the Accounting Period/Year field, enter the same value as specified in the distribution run.
This is why the system gives the error message: Rule XYZ does not contain any senders.
Before you start the distribution run to allocate the cost from one support cost center to a primary cost center, you have to make sure that there is already overhead cost assigned to this support cost center.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To