You create an outgoing bank transfer XYZ to clear the outstanding invoice items for one of your suppliers. But you find out that not only the open related items on the supplier account are not cleared automatically, but also the outgoing bank transfer is not posted to the right period. You think you can cancel the outgoing bank transfer XYZ and redo the payment, but the system does not allow you to cancel the outgoing bank transfer. Now you don't know how to fix the issue.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center and choose the Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payments.
- Select the Outgoing Bank Transfer XYZ.
- Open up the document.
- Under the General tab, you can see the posting date in the Accounting Data section.
- The date is not the same posting date in the original supplier invoice as you expect.
- Also go to the Payables work center and choose the Suppliers view.
- Check the respective supplier account, and you can see that the related supplier invoices are still open.
As the payment amount in the outgoing bank transfer XYZ is different from the amount in the related supplier invoices, so it's not possible for the system to automatically clear the items. Also because this outgoing bank transfer XYZ has been confirmed in a bank statement via the payment allocation ABC, so the system does not allow you to directly cancel the bank transfer and redo the payment.
In order to fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Payment Management work center and choose the Payment Allocation view.
- Select the payment allocation ABC and reverse it. A new payment allocation DEF should be created.
- Now the Reverse button of the outgoing bank transfer XYZ should be available.
- Choose to reverse the payment order XYZ.
- Now go to the Payables work center, view the account of the supplier in question.
- Click Pay Manually By and then choose Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Set the target posting date and release it.
- Then go to Payment Management work center, and choose the Payment Monitor view.
- Select the newly created bank transfer and choose Set to In Transfer under Actions for Bank Transactions.
- Then the bank transfer is changed to In Transfer.
- Go back to the Payment Allocation view, and choose the newly created payment allocation DEF.
- Choose Edit and then View All.
- In the Payment Assignment tab,
- Assign the newly created Payment Order.
- Choose Release.
The open items are paid with the new outgoing bank transfer; also the outgoing bank transfer is posted at the desired posting date.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To