When you use the check printing option and print a check which involves a numerous lines in the remittance (beyond 41 line) the application is using the next checks (as many as needed) to continue the remittance. those checks will then be voided. Is it possible to avoid to have those checks printed and then voided and instead print the last on the remittance line on plain paper and not on pre-numbered check forms.
Reproducing the Issue
The Pre-numbered Check Forms flag has to be checked in the check lot.
- Go to the Liquidity Management work centre.
- Go to the Masterdata view.
- Go to the My Banks sub-view.
- Select the bank for whcih the bank account from which the check iis drawn belongs to and click the Edit button and select the Bank Accounts option.
- Go to the Check Lot Tab and verify if the flag Prenumbered Check Forms is checked or not.
Initiate an outgoing check payment which involves payment of multiple (more than 41) line items
- Go to the Liquidity Management or Payment Management work centre.
- Click on the New Outgoing Check link from the Common Tasks zone.
- Enter the necessary data and select multiple open items (more than 41) which are paid with the check.
- click the Print Check Form button.
The check is printed and the long remittance is using the following checks which are then automatically voided
If the Pre-numbered Check Form is flagged is active the page break logic will be used, voiding the additional used checks.
If it is not active the check and the remittance items will be printed but no checks will be voided.
There is no possibility of printing check first and the remaining remittance items later in a separate print run.
If there are to many open invoices which are paid with the outgoing check, one way to avoid to have the next pre-numbered check form used and voided is to split the payment.
Instead of one outgoing checks for the full number of open invoices create 2 separate checks including each an inferior number of open invoices.
It might occur that the check print form in use is not the standard form delivered by SAP. In this case the total amount of open invoice listed in the stub might vary.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To