- When we refresh reports which contain dynamic List of Value (LOV), it appears to be static, as there is no list of values present in the parameter.
- It only appears as a text box where user can enter his/her desired value and cannot choose the value.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report using Xtreme Sample Database.
- Create a dynamic parameter with one of the field.
- Save the report in Repository and access the Report from InfoView.
- The parameter will appear as Static parameter (i.e. appears as text box where user can enter a value but cannot choose it).
- LOV were either not Scheduled earlier or LOV fails to access the database.
- Login to Business View Manager.
- Locate the LOV in Repository Explorer.
- Right click on the LOV and select the option "Schedule List of Value".
- Window will prompt the name of the LOV, click on ok.
- A new window will open, click on Database Logon and provide the required database credentials and click on update and close the window.
- Once the database credentials is provided then select the time for scheduling as "NOW" in schedule for option provided on the top of the window and then click on ok.
- Now right click on the LOV and select Edit List of Value to see the status of the LOV as it being successfully scheduled or not.
- If the LOV is scheduled successfully then you will Schedule List of value as "Success" or else if not scheduled successfully then it will show you "Fail".
- So once the LOV is scheduled successfully then in the Info View the parameter will start appearing as Dynamic Parameter, where user can select the desired value.
SAP note No : 1491856 Crystal Reports Dynamic Parameter no longer display
Scheduling LOV, List of Values, LOV appearing as static, dynamic lov becomes static lov
Scheduling LOV, List of Values, LOV appearing as static, dynamic lov becomes static lov, KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem