- When export a report to an ODBC(connection) database (Oracle 10g) we get an error: duplicate columns names.
- When it loads the data, notice the field/column names get truncated.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Oracle 10g Database
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a report in Crystal Report using Xtreme Sample Database
2. Drag some fields in the detail section of the report
3. Create an ODBC system DSN connection for Oracle 10g database
4. Once the ODBC connection is setup, export the report to the ODBC connection
5. Oracle names the details section as DE_Table_name_Column_name and the header section as PH_Table_name_Column_name
6. The above naming convention is used only when the report has field names.
Oracle does not support table names greater than 30 characters.
1. Create a formula with a shorter name (Less than 30 character long) in Crystal Reports.
2. Place the desired field inside a formula and then use that formula in the report. (Note: The naming convention which oracle takes for formula is DE_Formula_Name e.g. DE_Company_Name.)
3. Now place the formula on the detail section in Crystal Report.
4. Export the report to Oracle ODBC Connection and now the field name will not get truncate.
Export to ODBC, Oracle field name truncates , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To