You are posting a service provision for a service item in one of these CRM documents:
- Sales order (by completing an item of type 'Service - fixed price without actuals')
- Service order (by completing an item of type 'Service - fixed price without actuals')
- Service confirmation (by releasing an item of type 'Service - fixed price' or 'Service - time and material').
This will post an internal activity allocation in Financial Accounting with creation of a journal entry, crediting the cost center of the labor resource in the CRM document item and debiting the CRM document item.
The question now is which of the date fields in the CRM document is relevant for determining the posting date in the journal entry.
Currently, the CRM document can only provide one single date as posting date for the journal entry. This date is located on header level (not on item level) in the CRM document.
The date which is used as posting date is the
- Sales order: 'Requested Date' from sales order header. If 'Requested Date' is not filled, 'Posting Date' is used
- Service order: 'Requested Date' from service order header. If 'Requested Date' is not filled, 'Reported On' is used
- Service confirmation: 'Fixed On' date from service confirmation header. If 'Fixed On' is not filled, 'Created On' is used
If you have the requirement that you need to post to different accounting periods for the different items in one single sales or service order, you need to use item type 'Service - fixed price' or 'Service - time and material'. You can then create several service confirmations for one sales or service order and use different dates on each service confirmation.
KBA , service order , sales order , byd , service confirmation , posting date , service provisioning , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To