- Database Expert does not hold on to the table navigation which is being used in “My Connection”, after closing the reports.
- In Crystal Reports, in the Database Expert window, when selecting a table in the list of Select Tables for the report, it doesn't point to the connection of the table under the Available Data Source
- Crystal Reports XI
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off any data source.
- Add at least one table to the report.
- Save the report.
- Close Crystal Reports.
- Open the report in Crystal Reports, and select "Database Expert" under the menu "Database".
- In the Database Expert window, select a table in the Selected Tables list.
Notice it won’t show you the exact navigation to the table,views, or stored procedure in the Available Data Sources.
- Crystal Reports will not highlight in the "Available Data Sources" the connection from which the table is coming from. This is normal behavior as it is not a functionality in Crystal Reports.
- This has been added as an Enhancement Request for Crystal Reports.
- Note that an Enhancement Request doesn't guarantee this functionality will be added in future product, but it will be review during the creation process of new product release.
- To know in the "Database Expert" from which connection the highlighted table is coming from, right click on the table, and select "Properties". It will provides more details on the connection this table is coming from.
Crystal Reports, CR, Database Expert , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Product Enhancement
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2