- BW variables are not overridden by Xcelsius when passed via a Combo Box with Status list insertion type to the SAP NetWeaver BW connection.
- If the variable's default value in BEx is 1, it is not overridden to 0 after different item is selected in the Combo Box
- Dashboard Builder (Xcelsius) 2008 Service Pack 3 Fix Pack 2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a SAP BW query with few formula variables (one with default value 0 and one with 1)
- Create an Xcelsius dashboard based on a SAP NetWeaver BW Connection
- Map the input variables into cells
- Map the output variables to different cells
- Add a Combo Box to the canvas and configure it to use the “Status list” as insertion type, and as destination select the same cells used by the connection
- Add a Spreadsheet Table pointing to the cells with the output variables
- Add a Refresh button and configure it to refresh the SAP BW connection
- Publish the dashboard to SAP BW
- Launch the dashboard, select different values and refresh the connection
The variables with default values set to 1 are not overridden by Xcelsius, therefore if the variable s used in a filter, the query does not return correct data
When evaluating for NULL, 0 was ignored and not passed in the HTTP request.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01488426.
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in Fix Pack 3.4
BW variables not overriden, Status List, 01488426, 1488426 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed