When you add one new time profile to delimit the existing time profile in employee's time file, system may throw the below error message:
No vaild target account found for source account XYZ (DD.MM.YYYY - DD.MM.YYYY) in <(DD.MM.YYYY)1>
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Adninistration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Select the required employee and select Edit button.
- Go to Time Profile tab.
- Select the Add Row button.
- Input the date in the Start date and Unlimited in the End date in the newly added row.
- Select Save button.
System may throw the above error message.
The cause of the error message is that the current time profile has time account XYZ assigned. The assigned time account XYZ has a period end rule of posting type Carry Forward. Therefore the newly created time profile should have the same time account type XYZ assigned, that the balance of XYZ can be forwarded to the new time profile.
It is recommended to copy the existing time profile instead of creating a new one to delimit the time profile. The advantage is that the copied time profile has the same time accounts and the work schedule as the old one. Then the work schedule can be reassigned for the employee:
- Go to Time Administration work center.
- Select Employees view and select the respective employee .
Select Time Profile tab, where you can select Copy button by selecting the last time profile (i.e. first row of the time profile).
- After performing above task, the work schedule can be assigned to this time time in the Work schedule sub-tab.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , Product Enhancement