When you create a new incoming check, after the company and the payer is entered, no payer relevant open items are listed as possible match.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- From the Common Tasks pane, click on the New Incoming check link.
- On the screen New Incoming check, enter the mandatory data for the company and the payer.
- Let the Payment Application method set to Reference to Items as default.
- No open items are retrieved to be matched for payment in the Open Items list.
When a payment, regardless the payment type and payment form, is initiated for the first time, the currency to be used in the payment is not defaulted. Therefore it is not possible to list the payer relevant open items to be matched.
The matched item list shows open items relevant for the payer (invoices and payments), on the payment there is a check implemented which required the currency therefore if no currency is specified no open items can be shown (including open invoices).
The first time a payment is initiated, the payment currency has to be entered manually in the New Incoming Check screen in the Currency area of the Payment Amount field. The Open Items list will then show the payer relevant open items.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To