- The shared variable in 2 subreports that were put in one section is not valuated from left to right
- It is evaluated by the sequence of creation of subreports
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Create 2 subreports, which use one shared variable.
- Put the 2 subreports into one section (eg. Page Header)
- - See the attached CR report.
- The shared variables are not evaluated "left-to-right" or "right-to-left" but rather in the order they were created in that section.
- The shared variable in the subreport that was firstly created will be evaluated first, and then the shared variable in the secondly created subreport and so on.
If you need to change the evaluation order of your shared variables, youd don't need to recreate everything, instead you can move the subreport to a different section of the report, and then move it back to the corresponding report section.
function, field, formula, order, calculation , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To