You want to delete an org unit and have removed all employees from the org unit. But you get the error message when try to delete the org unit:
Deletion of org unit ABC not allowed; employees assigned from D1.M1.Y1 to D2.M2.Y2
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Find and locate the desired org unit.
- Select Edit Org Unit button and choose Delete.
The above error message may appear.
You cannot remove an org unit as long as there exists some reference to a terminated employee. One employee was hired on D1.M1.Y1. His reporting line unit is the being deleted org unit and his work agreement was terminated on D2.M2.Y2.
The solution is to remove this reference first by doing a transfer on the employee's hire date and then delete the org unit:
- Go to the work center Personnel Administration.
- Select the view Regular Tasks.
- Select the link Transfer Employee.
- Select the respective employee, enter Transfer Date to his hire date and Org. Unit to any org unit you want to keep.
After the employee is transferred to another org unit and the reference to the being deleted org unit is removed, it will be possible to delete that org unit.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement