You create a sales order XYZ for a customer. Because the Availability Check Scope of the ordered product only includes Stock, so when performing the availability check, the system checks the stock only and indicates that the requested quantity of the product will not be available from the ship-from site. You then manually initiate an intra-company stock transfer to transfer the products from other site to the ship-from site. After posting the goods receipt based on the delivery notification, you check the stock transfer journal entry, and find out that the amount in 519200 - Gain/Loss from Stock Transfer account is different from the cost that is decided in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Sales Orders work center, choose the Sales Orders view.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose All Orders.
- Select the sales order XYZ and click on Edit.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab, and check the cost of the ordered items.
- Then go to the General Ledger work center and choose the Journal Entries view.
- Select the Journal Entries subview.
- Select the Goods Transfer type of journal entry ABC generated by posting the goods receipt of the corresponding intra-company stock transfer.
- Open the journal entry and navigate to the Journal Entry tab.
You will find the cost in the sales order XYZ is different from the amount debited to the 519200 - Gain/Loss from Stock Transfer account.
In the Valuation tab of the product entered in the sales order, there are multiple entries for different combinations of company and business residence. Because the business residence is not known in the sales order, so the cost in the sales order is the average inventory cost of all those business residences maintained in the system. While posting the goods receipt, the business residence (ship-to site) is known, so the system directly read the inventory cost maintained for that business residence. So this is why the cost on the sales order is different from that in the journal entry.
KBA , inventory cost , cost in sales order , price component cost , #### , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To