- Installing Crystal Reports 2008 .NET application
- Error: Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\CEReportSource failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.
- Windows OS
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.5.
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 merge modules, CRRuntime_12_3.msm
Reproducing the Issue
- Download the Crystal Reports 2008 SP 3 merge modules.
- Extract the .msm files from cr2008sp3_mm.zip to your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules directory
- Create a new setup package in Visual Studio .NET 2005 by going to File > New > Project ...
- Expand Other Project Types then select Setup and Deployment
- Select Setup Project on the right
- Give the setup project a new name like "Crystal 2008 SP3 Installer"
- Go to Project > Add > Merge Module ..., then find the CRRuntime_12_3.msm in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules directory
- Look in the Solution Explorer and right click on CRRuntime_12_3.msm file and select Properties
- Click on the + symbol to expand the MergeModuleProperties, then add your keycode to the Keycode property
- Build your Setup project
- Copy the MSI to a clean Windows XP or Vista system and run the setup package (Crystal 2008 SP installer.msi) to generate the error
- The CRRuntime_12_3.msm files have been updated with new dependencies.
- The CRRuntime_12_3.msm is dependent on the Microsoft Visual C++ library from Visual Studio .NET 2005 SP1.
- The problem occurs because the dependencies for CRRuntime_12_1.msm were left out or the wrong ones were used.
- Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update before installing your setup package.
- The package can be downloaded from Microsoft's site here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1