- Error: Page Header plus Page Footer is too large for the page.
- When previewing a report in Crystal Reports, get the error: Page Header plus Page Footer is too large for the page.
- Was able to view the same report before in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Reports.
- The following error message will display: Page Header plus Page Footer is too large for the page.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01461478
- The issue is resolved in the following product update:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 2.10
- Fix Pack 3.3
- Service Pack 04 and above
- For Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 04 and above
- If you cannot apply the above Crystal Reports update for some time, you can use the following workaround:
- Since the problem is usually caused by two "Can Grow" objects (like subreports) for consecutive sections,
then the workaround is to insert a new small empty section between them and
set the new section to "underlay the following section".
Visually there will be no differences in report preview, and it will resolve the issue.
- Note: There is a similar issue causing Crystal Reports to "crash", for more details, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1791115.
Crystal Reports, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1