- Suppress Printing If No Records option is turned on.
- PrintToPrinter() method is called in a Crystal Reports .NET application.
- A blank page is printed by the printer.
- This behavior is incorrect. No page should be printed as set in the Report Options.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Crystal Reports .NET SDK
- Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a Crystal Report in the Crystal Reports designer.
- Go to File > Report Options ...
- Make sure Suppress Printing If No Records is selected.
- Click OK.
- Use this report in a custom application with the Crystal Reports .NET SDK.
- Run the report in the application such that there are no records returned.
- Use the PrintToPrinter() method to print the report.
- A blank report will be printed.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT00264642.
- The issue is resolved in SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- The issue is also resolved in SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio, Service Pack 7
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 10.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2