Trend Analyzer does not ignore empty cells In Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack(SP) 3/FixPack(FP) 3.1/FP3.2
- Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 3
- Xcelsius 2008 FixPack 3.1
- Xcelsisu 2008 FixPack 3.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Xcelsius 2008 and go to File>New>New.
- Go to Data>Import then Import TrendAnalyzer.xls(Attached file).
- Add Line Chart on the Canvas.
- Click General tab in the Properties of Line Chart 1 and check By Series in Data area.
- Click [+] sign under By Series and set Range for Name and Value as follows:
- Repeat Step 5 and set Range for Name and Value as follows.
- Set following Range for Category Labels(X): "Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14".
- Add Trend Analyzer on the Canvas.
- In the General tab of Properties of Trend Analyzer 1, Set following Range for Data: "Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20".
- Check Use Best Fit under Trend/Regression Type.
- Set following Range for Analyzed Data Destination: "Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20".
Make sure the value in Number of Forecast Periods is '0' (Cannot change this value).
- Click Preview.
Note: With SP3 (or FP3.1/FP3.2), it shows value for empty cells in the chart.
With SP1 and SP2, Xcelsius ignore empty cells and doesn't show value in the chart.
Please refer screenshot in Xcelsius_TrendAnalyzer.xls.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01433566.
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in Xcelsius 2008 FixPack3.3.
Xcelsius, Excel, Trend Analyzer, Empty, Ignore, cell, sp3 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed