While you hire an employee, initially the field Country is not indicated as mandatory field (without asterisk). After you fill up some fields (such as Mail Address), the field Country becomes mandatory (with asterisk shown).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Personnel Administration.
- Select view Regular Tasks.
- Select the link Hire Employee under section Hiring. A new window opens.
- By Default Country field appears as optional.
- Select any country under Country field. Now Country field becomes mandatory.
System is working as designed.
Country is not a mandatory field here. The Country field is a part of the employee's Mail Address, which a user does not have to enter in Hire Employee. Therefore the Country field is initially not mandatory (without an asterisk).
However, when you decide to enter the employee's Mail Address, it requires Country as prerequisite to enable the rest of the address fields. In this case, the Country field becomes mandatory and, thus, is getting marked with an asterisk.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Product Enhancement