- Unable to use Teradata Stored Procedures for creating reports in Crystal reports.
- Following error message appears while selecting stored procedure:
'Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: HY000: [NCR][ODBCTeradataDriver][Teradata Database]"..."is not a macro [Database Vendor Code: -3845]'
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a stored procedure in the Teradata database.
- Create a 32-bit System DSN connecting to the Teradata database using the ODBC driver
- Log on to Crystal Reports Designer
- Go to File > New > Database expert > Create new ODBC connection > Select the DSN
- Expand the database tab to select the stored procedure.
Crystal Reports does not fully support Teradata stored procedures with ODBC as middleware.
Workaround: Use Teradata Macros instead of Teradata Stored Procedure.
CR using SP, Teradata, Stored Procedure, SP, cr, crystal report , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem