- Error: "Xcelsius.exe - Application Error" each time Xcelsius Designer is opened.
- The error box shows "The memory could not be read" error.
- During this, it is also seen that MS Office (excel.exe) process looks for 'sku011.cab' file from a CD directory (in the background).
- Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise
- Microsoft Office 2003
When Xcelsius is launched, it opens MS Excel (excel.exe) inside it. In this case, MS Office is not working correctly due to which it crashes the Xcelsius process which tries to launch it.
***WARNING***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to Knowledge Base Article 1323322 for more information.
- Open Windows Registry Editor.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 -> Delivery
- There should be only one directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (in this case it was 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9).
- Select that directory. On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache. Change the value to 0.
- Now launch Excel application once to initialize it. Having made sure it works fine, close it.
- Launch Xcelsius which should now work fine.
cx, crystal, dashboard, model, Windows, 2007 , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DES , Dashboards, design-time, designing, exporting, usability , Problem