- Report works as expected in the Crystal Reports Designer.
- Using the Crystal Reports SDK for VS .NET results in the error:
Load report failed. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (xxx):.. Buffer too small for string or missing null...
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an XML file with corresponding schema file which allows a structure where the combined levels of elements results in a string longer than 127 characters
- Create a Crystal Reports report based off the XML file using the java XML driver (crdb_xml.dll)
- Create a VS .NET application using the ReportDocument object to load the crystal report
Forum thread , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1