The project downloaded from 'Project Plan' is saved as XML file.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center ‘Project Management’.
- Select view ‘Projects’.
- Select a project <xyz>.
- Select the button ‘Edit’ and choose the option ‘Project Plan’.
- In Edit Project window, select button ‘Download’.
- A popup window opens and asks you to save the file (default file extension ‘.xml’).
- Open the downloaded file which displays as XML.
This is default behaviour of the system to download Project as XML file. You can open the file in Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010 with project details otherwise the downloaded file is shown as plain XML text in browser, text editor or Office Word.
The project downloaded from 'Project Plan' is in XML format.
You should open the downloaded xml file in Microsoft Project, which shows the project details in graphical user interface and allows you to copy the project structure, relationships, durations, time constraints, and planned work quickly and easily.
Note: The appearance of your projects may vary between Microsoft Project and Business ByDesign in terms of the project structure and the scheduled dates because different scheduling logic and calendars are used.
Refer the Help document 'Integration with Microsoft Project' in the ByD system for the detailed behaviour of this functionality.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement